MTN Ghana has officially upgraded their web portal to support data sim registration. This portal is to help all MTN subscribers to link their Ghana card or check the registration status of their sim online without the use of a phone.
In an interview made by TheGhanaTech, most subscribers were very happy and impressed with the sim registration portal because they see the portal to be very secure and simple to use for their sim registration.
According to most MTN customers who use MiFi routers, tracking devices, and other terminals, before they can register their data SIM unless they remove it and insert it into a phone for the registration process. But with the help of this portal, all subscribers can easily register their data sim cards without the use of a phone or USSD.
The MTN sim registration portal is the web option for the shortcode *404#. The portal also helps valued customers to connect and use the system for Prepaid Voice, EVD, Postpaid individual, sim card in tracking devices, and many more.
In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech, the Chief Sales and Distribution officer, Shaibu Haruna said “This portal was developed to ensure ease of registration for all valued customers. And MTN will continue to develop new systems to make its registration process successfully”.
How to register your sim with MTN sim registration portal
- Open a browser on your computer and search for https://simregistrationportal.mtn.com.gh/
- “Y’ello, welcome to MTN Sim Registration Portal” will pop up
- Kindly tick the terms and policy agreement and click on Proceed
- Now a message like this will show “Please ensure that you are the rightful owner of the MTN SIM card you are trying to register” and click on Yes, I Am
- Enter your data sim number or the number you want to register and click Next
- Kindly follow the prompt and provide all the required info for the registration