Glo is now working hand in hand with AirtelTigo to provide wider coverage and a faster internet experience for its customers, and network operators. In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech, Glo has gone into a nationwide National Roaming arrangement with AirtelTigo for voice, data and SMS services to better its customer’s experience.
Glo customers were very happy to hear that, Glo and AirtelTigo are now working together. Most people who used the Glo network were not happy about how the Glo network was moving in the country. Some people even thought that the Glo service is not currently working in the country.
The Management and Executives of Glo, therefore, analysed the situation at hand of losing its customers and came up with a strategic business deal with AirtelTigo to enhance and reach more customers to its services. After a successful deal, Glo automatically moved all its customers onto the AirtelTigo network on 23rd April 2022.
All customers can still continue to use its conditions of services such as scratch cards or electronic credit transfers and enjoy all the existing Glo products including value-added services. Some customers have already started complaining about issues regarding their network service.
If the automatic configuration of adding you to the AirtelTigo network is giving you some issues, you can manually select the AirtelTigo network on your phone’s network settings and enable Data Roaming, under Mobile Data Network settings to enjoy a superior experience on the network.
How to manually select AirtelTigo Network using Glo
Android & iPhone
- On your Android or iPhone, select Settings
- Click on Connections and search for Mobile networks/Carrier
- Click on Network/Network operators
- Now disable “Select automatically” so that you can choose the available network manually
- Now select AirtelTigo or AirtelTigo(Forbidden) or 62003 or Tigo or Mobitel
How to manually select GloData when roaming on AirtelTigo
- On your phone, click on Settings
- Click on Connections/network & internet
- Click on Mobile networks/Sim card
- Now select Glo and Enable Data Roaming
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Click on Mobile/Cellular Data Option
- Enable Data Roaming
Note: After you are done with the changes, you need to restart your phone and check if the settings have successfully changed. You can contact the customer helpline for any further assistance at 100 or 0230010100.