In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will show you the best ways to improve your website performance and speed. You and I can testify some performance and speed of some website when you visit them. To get a lot of unique interactions on your website, performance and speed are the keys that will encourage people to visit your website.
In an interview made by TheGhanaTech.com with some SEO Experts, “In a visualization chart, about five (5) millions of websites collapse every year due to unexpected technical issues which affect the functionality and speed of the site”.
With some observations, a lot of website owners have now come to realise that, before a website can be engaged, the performance and speed of the website is a core factor. Most websites are not ranked due to poor SEO and performance. To optimise your website to load fast, you always have to use some tools to analyse the performance of the website.
Some of the tools that can be used to check or analyse the loading speed of your website are; GTmetrix, Google PageSpeed Insights, Pingdom Speed Test and WebPageTest. I normally recommend these tools because they can give you more details about how your website performs technically.
In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, most sites are not ranked and indexed by Google due to the performance and speed of the site. Some of the technical issues that give poor ranking, poor google indexing and bad performance are; Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), Total Blocking Time (TBT), Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS).
6 Ways to Improve your Website Performance & Speed
These are the six (6) ways by which your website can be improved in terms of performance and speed.
- Pick the Right Hosting Service: Choosing the right hosting platform is one of the best ways to improve the reliability and speed of the site.
- The Use of Cache Plugin: Cache plugin can really help your site to perform very well to reach the target or the Google recommendation for indexing and ranking.
- The Use of Content Delivery Network (CDN): The content delivery network (CDN) also help the servers to speed up the delivery of web content. The CDN works on content like; web pages, images, and videos in proxy servers.
- Optimize Your Images: Optimizing your images on the site also helps in the performance and speed by resizing the image you want to upload on to the site. The recommended image size should be atleast 150KB. You can also download some image optimization plugin for your site.
- Remove unnecessary Plugins: Uninstall or deleting unwanted plugins on your site also free up the web space for a good performance. Some plugins interrupt the behaviour and speed of the site when they are installed and are not in use.