By now, you’ve probably heard of ChatGPT AI, the general-purpose chatbot prototype that the internet is obsessed with right now. The potential for this technology is incredible, and you can use it right now.
What is ChatGPT
ChatGPT was created by OpenAI, the same company that also made DALL-E 2, which kicked off the wave of AI image generators. While DALL-E 2 generates images, ChatGPT is solely text-based and it’s not OpenAI’s first chatbot.
OpenAI’s original GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) chatbot was trained on a massive collection of text data from the internet, allowing it to generate human-like text in response to a prompt.
ChatGPT works by using algorithms to analyze and generate text based on the prompt from the user. When a user inputs a prompt or question, ChatGPT uses its training data to generate a response that is similar to what a human might say in that context.
Is ChatGPT Free?
ChatGPT is free to use for anyone with an account on OpenAI’s website. You can create a free account with your email address, Google account, or Microsoft account. There is also a “ChatGPT Plus” subscription plan for $20 per month. It offers reliable availability when demand is high, faster response speeds, and priority access to new features.
How to use ChatGPT AI
- First, navigate to chat.openai.com in a web browser on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- You’ll be asked to “Log In” or “Sign Up.” You can sign up with an email address, Google account, or Microsoft account for free.
- After you’re logged in, you can begin using ChatGPT.
- Use the text box at the bottom of the screen to type a prompt. This can be a question or a specific request. Press the paper airplane icon to submit.
- ChatGPT will “type” out the response in real-time. When it’s done, you can provide feedback with the thumbs-up and down buttons.
- Each prompt kicks off a conversation. You can enter follow-up prompts or change the subject entirely. It will remember what you’re talking about.
- If you don’t think the response was good enough, you can simply ask it to try again.
- You can also tell ChatGPT when it’s incorrect about something.