Is it possible to get more storage space on your iPhone with limited storage capacity? Let’s find out your options.
Today, an iPhone has become an inevitable part of every user’s life. Right from recording your favorite moments to saving important documents, an iPhone can be your ultimate companion.
After all, you need space for everything like apps, high-quality photos, files, and more. Many users have a common question- how do I buy more storage for my iPhone? If you also have this question in your mind, you’ve landed at the right place.
You cannot expand your iPhone’s internal storage. Wondering why? This is because iPhones do not have any SD card slot that can be found on some Android smartphones. Every iPhone has a built-in high-speed physical storage capacity, which cannot be modified once the unit has shipped.
Therefore, if you’ve bought a 128 GB iPhone model, you cannot increase this storage to 256 GB in any situation. This is why you must carefully consider storage options while buying a new iPhone. The low storage options may tempt you with comparatively affordable price tags, you may have to make additional purchases later on to compensate for that low capacity.
How to buy more storage on your iPhone
You can buy more storage on an iPhone with an iCloud+ subscription. When you create an Apple ID, you get 5GB of free iCloud storage space to store photos, videos, app data, and more. You can access your iCloud data on any Apple device where you’ve signed in with your Apple ID.
Here’s how to upgrade your Apple iCloud account on an iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on [Your name] at the top of the screen.
- On your Apple ID page, tap on iCloud.
- From here, scroll down and tap on Upgrade to iCloud+.
- If you haven’t subscribed to iCloud storage yet, choose an Apple iCloud storage plan and tap on Upgrade to iCloud+.
- If you already have an iCloud subscription, tap on Manage Account Storage and then tap on Change Storage plan.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions and verify your Face ID or enter your Apple ID password to confirm the subscription.
While iCloud+ is Apple’s proprietary cloud service, you can opt for third-party cloud storage options like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, and more. Compare the prices and storage options, and then go for the one that suits your requirements.
Other Ways to Get More Storage on an iPhone
- Free up space on your iPhone
- Get a portable storage device
- Trade in your iPhone and get a model with more storage
Also Read: How to Delete Photos from iCloud 2023