Knowing how to find a WiFi password on your iPhone can be a lifesaver. Sure, your phone usually saves the passwords for all the networks you use, allowing you to move seamlessly from WiFi to cell data to WiFi as you go about your daily routine. While this eliminates the need to memorize passwords, there are times when you may need to know what a password actually is.
In our fast-paced world, a forgotten WiFi password can feel like being locked out of your own digital kingdom. Imagine the frustration of buying a new iPhone and then staring at it, yearning to connect to the internet but being held back by a string of characters you can’t recall.
Well, not anymore, as with iOS 16, Apple rolled out the ability to view the password of the WiFi network on your iPhone. This post details how to view WiFi passwords on your iPhone.
How to view WiFi password on iPhone and iPad
Before iOS 16, the only way to view the password of a connected WiFi network required you to go through all the confusing settings of the WiFi router. You could always share the connected WiFi network’s password from your iPhone to any Apple device, but for other devices, memorizing passwords was the only choice. Fortunately, iOS allows you to view the password of your WiFi network in the settings.
- Open the Settings on your iPhone and tap the WiFi option to access the WiFi settings.
- Here, tap the “i” (information) icon next to the currently connected WiFi network.
- On the next screen, tap on the Password field represented by the multiple dots to reveal the same.
- When you tap on the password field, your iPhone will ask for Face ID verification.
- Once done, the WiFi password will be revealed, and you will also see a Copy and Speak option. So you can copy the password with a single tap or make your iPhone speak the WiFi password.
Also Read: Why is my iPhone charging so slowly?