In this guide, TheGhanaTech.com will be showing some different methods to send WhatsApp messages without saving phone numbers. WhatsApp has brought people together, it has introduced cool features such as WhatsApp Communities, share your live location in WhatsApp, and even the ability to message yourself in WhatsApp.
3 ways to send WhatsApp messages without saving number
- Click on unsaved contact number in WhatsApp Group
The second method we will use to message WhatsApp users without saving their contact numbers is pretty common. If you are in a group chat but don’t have a number saved on your device, you can still message them using the steps below:
- First, open the group chat and tap on the number in the conversation itself. You will then see a pop-up, where you need to select the “Message <phone number>” option.
- Using WhatsApp link to text without adding contact
For the longest time, WhatsApp has offered an official method to message someone without saving their number. Called Click to Chat, this feature allows you to use an official WhatsApp link to text anyone without saving their contact information. There’s a major caveat, though. This feature isn’t available within the app, but it works on both mobile phones and computers. Here’s how you can use it:
- First, open your preferred web browser on Android or iOS. Then, copy this link https://wa.me/phone-number and paste it into the browser’s address bar. We suggest you also paste this link into the Notes app for safekeeping and later use.
- After pasting the link, replace the phone-number in the link with the full phone number with the international country code of the user, you wish to message. You don’t need to add any symbols (+ and -), zeros, or brackets while entering the phone number.
- Once you visit the link, you will see a “Continue to Chat” button to directly message the WhatsApp user without saving their contact. Tap on this button to open the chat window.
- Once you tap the button, a chat window in the app will open to let you text the person without adding their phone number.
- Use Truecaller to send messages without saving number
Many Android and iOS users have the Truecaller app on their devices to filter out spam calls and messages. Well, you might not know this, but you can use Truecaller to send WhatsApp messages without adding a number. Here’s how it works:
- If you do not have Truecaller (Free, with in-app purchases) installed on your device, download the app for Android and iOS.
- Next, open the app and enter or paste the number you wish to message in the search bar at the top. Then, tap on the contact’s name identified by the Truecaller app to see more details.
- On the contact details page in Truecaller, you will see the option to send them a message on “WhatsApp” without saving their phone number. Truecaller will instantly redirect you to the unsaved contact’s chat window
- Third-Party app to send WhatsApp messages without saving number
Finally, if you are looking for a dedicated third-party app to message people on WhatsApp without adding their number, we have a perfect option for you.
- You need to download the Easy Message for WhatsApp app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Next, open the app, paste the phone number (with the international code), and tap the “Start Chat in WhatsApp” button. The app will redirect you to the WhatsApp chat window for that user. It essentially uses the click-to-chat feature but greatly simplifies the process.