How to upload a video to Pinterest? I want to upload a mini video of my brand, but I can’t see any option on my Pinterest dashboard!
Pinterest is where your mood boards come to life without the messy part. The platform inspires you to collect ideas as images and group them. What makes it special is the breakaway from social media norms.
Rather than force you to view people’s lives and interact, Pinterest is a visual search engine where you can find and organize what matters to you. For years, it’s been all about sharing pictures, but uploading videos is now possible from all small phones, tablets, and PCs to the large ones.
You can post multiple videos in one Idea pin for recipes and other processes. You can list instructions so that viewers can replicate them. You may also upload a standalone video with the caveat of converting to a business account.
You can pin videos on Pinterest in two ways. The first method is with Idea Pins. Originally called Story Pins, this feature allows you to showcase multiple clips in one post. It can hold up to 20 videos or images. Each video can be any length, as long as the maximum duration doesn’t exceed five minutes. If it does, Pinterest forces you to trim it. This pin is best suited for tutorials.
You can add a list of ingredients, supplies, or notes for viewers to follow your process without missing a step. Idea pins appear as a single video after uploading, and each clip transitions smoothly into the next one. On the other hand, Video pins are like regular image pins, and you can upload them similarly.
You need a business account to upload Video pins and run ads. But you can post Idea pins with a personal account and share them with social media apps. Alternatively, pin videos directly from your website or YouTube and other platforms.
How to upload Video pins to Pinterest
The Pinterest mobile app makes it easy for you to post videos. A personal account allows you to create Idea pins, but business accounts unlock Video pins. They also provide a simplified view of your analytics. Use Pinterest Ads Manager to create and promote video pins from a PC. It’s a separate domain dedicated to helping you create new campaigns or boost existing pins.
Use the following steps to switch to a business account and upload videos on Pinterest.
Switch to a business account on the Pinterest app
- Open Pinterest.
- Tap your profile icon in the lower-right corner.
- Tap the settings icon in the upper-right corner
- Go to Account management > Convert to a business account.
- Tap Convert account.
- Add your business profile name. This setting changes the existing name on your profile.
- Add your website URL. If you don’t have one, tap No website yet
- Choose what your business does from the provided options. Then tap Next to continue.
- Select whether you’ll run ads with your account or not. This option doesn’t affect your ability to create campaigns in the future.
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete your business account.
Switch to a business account on the Pinterest website
- From a PC browser, visit pinterest.com and log in to your account.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside your profile icon. Then select Settings.
- Go to Account management > Convert account.
- Click Upgrade
- Fill out your business information and follow the prompts to complete your profile.
Upload Video pins on the Pinterest app
- Open Pinterest and tap +.
- Select Pin.
- Choose a video from your device’s gallery or take a new one with the camera icon.
- Tap Next in the upper-right corner.
- Tap any section of the video to choose a cover image. Then tap Next in the upper-right corner.
- Enter the video title, description, and other information.
- Tap Next. Then, select a board to upload the video
Uploading Video Pins on the Pinterest Website
If you prefer to work on Pinterest from a computer, follow these steps to upload Video Pins:
- Open your preferred web browser and visit pinterest.com. Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Click the drop-down arrow located next to your profile icon, and then select “Settings.”
- Under “Account management,” click on “Convert account.”
- Click “Upgrade” to initiate the process.
- Fill in your business information and follow the provided prompts to complete your business profile setup.