YouTube Music is Google’s replacement for Google Play Music. The service is mainly for streaming music from YouTube’s library, but you can also upload your own tunes to the cloud.
If you were a Google Play Music user, transferring your account to YouTube Music will carry over your uploaded music. New subscribers can easily upload music to YouTube Music in a few steps. Your uploaded music is available to stream from the streaming app on any device.
Uploading music to your YT music account can only be done through a web browser on a computer, not your phone. In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will be showing you how you can upload any music to YT music with a few steps.
Note: The streaming service (YT music) is not available in some countries. According to the developers, they are working hard to make the service go global.
How to upload music to YouTube Music
- On your computer, open a web browser and search for music.youtube.com
- You need to sign up and sign in if you don’t have an account
- Click your profile photo in the top-right corner.
- Select “Upload Music” from the menu.
- A file browser window will open. Navigate to the folder that contains the music you want to upload.
- Select all of the music files you wish to upload. You can select multiple files by holding the Ctrl key on Windows or the Cmd key on Mac while selecting.
- Once you’ve selected all of your music files, click the “Open” button.
- YouTube Music will now ask you to review its “Use Policy.” Click “Accept” if you agree to the legal document.
- The music file(s) upload progress will be shown in the bottom-left corner of the page.
- Once the uploading is complete, the music files will be processed. You can click the “Go To Library” button to see all of your uploaded music.