WhatsApp is a highly popular messaging app. So popular that you may want to have more than one account, to help separate your work and personal life. WhatsApp doesn’t let you have two accounts by default, but there are ways around the restriction.
Let’s look at how you can get two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone.
Use WhatsApp Business to Set Up a Second Account
Many people use the WhatsApp Business app to connect to their clients and customers. With WhatsApp, setting up a second account for business is easy and free. However, the following method only works if you use Dual SIM on your iPhone or an active SIM card on another device.
How to use WhatsApp Business to set up a second accounts
- Download WhatsApp Business on your iPhone.
- After successful installation, launch WhatsApp Business and choose Agree & Continue.
- As you already have a WhatsApp account, it will now ask you whether you want to continue using the same phone number for WhatsApp Business. Tap Use a different number to create a second WhatsApp account.
- Now type the OTP you got on another number to confirm your registration.
- Tap Done at the top-right corner.
- If you previously had WhatsApp on that number, you may choose to Restore Chat History from iCloud backup and tap Next. If not, select Skip.
- Then type your name and set a profile image.
- Below that, there’s an option for setting your Business category. Choose Not a business and tap Done.
- Follow the instructions, set your preferences, and choose Next.
- Tap Continue if you receive a popup (the name does not adhere to the rules).
- Finally, choose Not Now.
That’s it! You now have a second WhatsApp account entirely distinct from your primary account. You may start sending and receiving messages, making WhatsApp calls, and creating groups.
Use the Whats up App to Mirror a Second Account
If you feel that WhatsApp Business is too formal, an alternative app is the Whats up app. This app serves as a mirror to another device that already has an existing WhatsApp account.
- Download Whats up from the App Store.
- Open the Whats up app and select the Dual tab. This leads you to a mobile version of WhatsApp Web.
- On your second device, go to WhatsApp Messenger.
- Select Settings.
- Tap Link a Device to scan the QR code on your iPhone screen.
Whats up’s main disadvantage is that it has a lot of ads. However, compared to most dual WhatsApp apps on the App Store, Whats up’s messaging interface is perfectly fitted for mobile. The other apps are less user-friendly because they display the desktop version of WhatsApp Web. You’ll end up having to zoom in and out to read and type your messages.