Wondering how to disable OneDrive? You can pause OneDrive’s file sync, quit the app, prevent it from opening at startup, or get rid of the app from your machine for good. TheGhanaTech.com will show you how to do all of that on your Windows computer.
How to turn off OneDrive on your windows
If you are tired of your files automatically syncing to the app, causing the device to slow down, turning off the app is the best option. You can temporarily pause syncing your files on the app for 2, 8, or 24 hours. This feature also works for Mac.
- In your PC’s system tray, click the icon (a cloud icon).
- You’ll see the app in the top-right corner, click the Gear icon and choose “Settings.”.
- Click on Pause Syncing.
- Click on the number of hours you want the app to stop syncing your files.
How to Uninstall OneDrive
Disabling the app for good can be done by uninstalling the app. This will remove all of OneDrive’s functionalities from your PC.
- Close OneDrive on your machine.
- Selecting the app icon in your system tray.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner, and choose “Quit.”
- Select “Close OneDrive” in the prompt.
- Open the Windows Settings app by pressing Windows+i. Then, choose “Apps.”
- On the “Apps & Features” page, find and select “Microsoft Onedrive.”
- Click “Uninstall.”
- Choose “Uninstall” in the prompt.
Source: How-To Geek