It seems most of us can’t be trusted with passwords, so using a good secure password generator and storage like LastPass is the best option. You can easily generate a password using the extension on chrome or can download the app.
How to generate a strong password using LastPass
There are a couple of ways to generate a secure password. The main one is using the Chrome extension for desktop.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Download and install the LastPass Chrome extension.
- Click on the extension.
- Go into Generate Secure Password.
- Make your selections to modify the generated password.
- You can now copy and paste the password. Or you can select Fill Password.
How to generate a strong password using LastPass app
Generating a password on the Android app is a bit more complex. The feature is a bit more hidden. We can walk you through it.
- Launch the LastPass app.
- Tap the + button.
- Go into Password.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon.
- Select Generate Password.
- You can now select the Password Length.
- To further modify the password, tap on Settings.
- Set your parameters.
- You can now copy and paste your password.
- Hit Save when you’re done.
Source: Android Authority