Apple Music and Spotify are two of the most popular music streaming services. If you’re a Spotify user but want to switch to Apple Music, you may be wondering how to transfer your Spotify playlists over. Luckily, it’s pretty easy to do so, In this tutorial, we walk you through the steps to transfer a Spotify playlist to Apple Music.
Apple Music and Spotify both offer a vast library of songs, but Apple Music takes the lead with a library of 100 million songs compared to Spotify’s 80 million. In terms of sound quality, Apple Music offers a superior listening experience with the ability to stream music in 24-bit 192 Kbps, while Spotify’s maximum is 320 Kbps.
However, Spotify offers a better user interface and user experience, making it more engaging to navigate. Additionally, Spotify has more social features, such as the ability to follow friends and share playlists, making it a more interactive experience.
How to Convert a Spotify Playlist to Apple Music
Transitioning between the Apple Music and Spotify platforms with your entire music playlist, artists, preferences, and more is now made simple, thanks to applications like SongShift and Soundiiz.
Transitioning on a Desktop
Soundiiz is an easy-to-use web-based application that will transfer playlists from Spotify to Apple Music in a few simple steps:
- Go to Soundiiz and click “Start for free.”
- Sign in using your Spotify account.
- You’ll have to authorize Soundiiz to gain access to your account.
- Click “Transfer” on the left side panel.
- Click on “Select source.”
- Select Spotify as the source.
- You should see the Spotify login instead of the “Select Source” button. Click on the “Select Destination” button.
- Select “Apple Music” as your destination.
- Agree to sign in to your Apple Music account.
- Enter your credentials to allow Soundiz to access your account.
- Click “Allow.”
- When you have selected both the source and the destination, click on the “Start” button.
- Select the first option that says “Playlists,” then click on the button that says “Confirm my selection.”
- Add a Title and description to your playlist, then click the “Save configuration” button.
- Select the tracks you want to transfer and click “Confirm.”
- You’ll be presented with a final confirmation pop-up that displays a summary of everything you’ve selected to transfer. Click on the “Begin the transfer!” button.
- Your playlist will be transferred to your Apple Music account along with the title and selected songs.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message when the transfer is complete.
Transitioning on an iPhone
If you want to transfer your playlist from Spotify to Apple Music on your iPhone, you can use a service like Songshift. Songshift helps users transfer their loved music from one platform to the other with minimal hassle. You can do so by following the below steps.
- Open the App Store and download the Songshift app.
- After installing the app, open it on your iPhone, then click the “+” icon on the top right of the screen.
- Click “Setup Source.”
- Find “Spotify” in the list, select it as the source, then click “Continue.”
- Log in to the Spotify account from which you wish to import music.
- Grant Spotify and Songshift the necessary permissions to link your account.
- Select the playlist(s) you wish to transfer to your Apple Music.
- On the next screen, select “Apple Music” as your Destination.
Your selected music will be transferred to your Apple Music account.