Want to check if your smartphone supports 5G networks or not? These days smartphones are coming with 5G bands to support the latest cellular network which is still not rolled out in some countries across the globe. In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will be showing you the easiest way to check if your smartphone supports a 5G network.
Most of the premium smartphones or flagship smartphones launched in the last 2 years support 5G services. This means the Galaxy S21 series, Apple iPhone A13 series, Apple iPhone 14 series, ROG Phone 5 or ROG Phone 6, Realme GT Edition, OnePlus 9 or 10 series, etc support 5G. Meanwhile, if you have an old smartphone, there’s a possibility that it supports 5G connectivity.
Things you need to know about using 5G on your smartphone
5G service on your smartphone relies on a couple of factors. The first thing you need to ensure is that 5G service is available in your region. Second, check if your phone and SIM support 5G. Also, ensure that the phone’s network mode is set to 5G.
How to check if your smartphone supports 5G
- Open the Settings app on your smartphone
- Click on the option ‘Wi-Fi & Network’
- Now click on ‘SIM & Network’ option
- Now you will be able to see a list of all technologies under the ‘Preferred network type’ option
- If your phone supports 5G, it will be listed as 2G/3G/4G/5G.
- If your phone has a 2G/3G/4G option only, then it does not support 5G
Now, if you are looking to enable 5G services on your phone, simply choose the 2G/3G/4G/5G (auto connect) in the network settings and you are all set. Once the network is available, the phone will automatically connect to the 5G network.