Parental controls are essential for you to ensure you know exactly what your kid is watching and when they’re watching it. With these controls on your Android TV, you can easily set them up to limit your children’s access.
It’s good to have a bit of control over what your kids are exposed to, which is why parental controls are somewhat necessary. Setting up these controls may sound a little tricky, but it’s quite easy. Here’s how to get it set up and how to use them.
How to set up parental controls on Android TV
- Select the “Settings” icon represented by the cog in the upper-right corner.
- In the next menu, select “Parental Control” right below the “Input” option.
- This will take you to the Parental Control settings. Click the toggle to turn on the controls.
- You will now have to set up a four-digit password, so make sure it’s not something that can easily be guessed.
- Confirm that four-digit password once more.
- You will then be taken back to the main Parental Control settings, and you will see that the toggle is now on. This menu will be where you can change the settings for all your parental controls.
How to Use Parental Controls
Using parental controls is going to be all about how you want to limit access for your kids.
- Start by going to the Settings menu by selecting the cog that represents your settings.
- When that menu populates, select “Parental Control.”
- This will show you all the different options for you to set up what you want to block for your children. You can start with Schedule Blocking first and go right down the line.