If you use Snapchat, you know the only way to save a snap/story is to screenshot it. However, the catch is the app notifies the user whose story you grab a screenshot of! This can be a problem if you don’t want the other person to know you’re saving their photos. Don’t worry! We’ve got something to help you out.
Note: Here are some tricks to take screenshots on Snapchat without them knowing. But first, update Snapchat to its latest version.
How to screenshot Snapchat without them knowing
- Use another phone to capture Snap
If you have a spare phone lying around, you can use it to take a picture of the Snapchat story or record it without them knowing. Though it will not produce high-resolution screenshots, it’s still a feasible workaround. I recommend recording your screen, as you might be unsure of the length of the Snap. Also, you only have a single chance to replay the Snap, which again notifies the sender.
- Record Snapchat without notification using Mac
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and open QuickTime Player using Spotlight Search.
- Next, click on File → New Movie Recording.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the record button and select your iPhone as the camera input.
For camera and microphone input, select your iPhone. You should see your phone screen on your Mac. Finally, begin screen recording your iPhone on your Mac and start viewing the snaps.
- Use the screen mirroring feature
Use this Snapchat trick to screenshot Snapchat without notification if you want to. So, to cast your phone to an external device, turn on the Screen Mirroring option in your iPhone’s Control Center. Then record the Snap from that external device. Still, it’s a bit riskier as there are mixed results. Some senders got screenshot alerts, and some didn’t. Therefore, try it with your friend to check if it’s a hit or miss!
Which methods don’t work anymore on Snapchat?
- Recording your screen: Your iPhone comes with a built-in screen recorder. So, you may think of recording the screen of your iPhone while using Snapchat and storing the recordings as video. But this is not the case. We have tried screen recording, and it does send notifications!
- Turning on Airplane Mode: It’s an old trick that might work in the older version of Snapchat and iOS. But not now! You may think Airplane mode cuts off all networks, so how can Snapchat send screenshot notifications? Actually, Snapchat is pre-loaded. Therefore the server will know about your activity on the app.
- Clearing app’s cache: Most old Snapchat users have done the trick. After disconnecting from the internet, you take a screenshot and then delete the cache. So, there must be no records of your activity when the app was reconnected to the internet. But for now, Snapchat has closed this loophole.