On Facebook, you can only schedule a post for your groups and pages. You can’t yet schedule posts in your personal account. Here’s how to do that on your desktop and mobile phone.
If you’ve created a post but you’d like to publish it sometime in the future, you can schedule your post using Facebook’s scheduling options. On your Facebook page, both admins and moderators can schedule and edit scheduled posts. In groups, again, both admins and moderators can manage future posts.
How to Schedule a Post on a Facebook Page
To publish a post on your page in the future, use the Facebook website on your desktop or the Meta Business Suite app on your mobile. We’ll explain how to use these methods below.
Publish Posts in the Future on Desktop
- On your desktop, open Facebook.
- On the left sidebar, select “Pages” and then choose your page.
- On your page’s screen, in the left sidebar, click “Publishing Tools.”
- Click “Create Post” to compose the post that you will schedule on your page.
- On the “Create Post” window that opens, write up the contents of your post.
- Click “Share Now” and choose “Schedule.”
- On the “Schedule Post” window, choose a date and time when you’d like your post to go live.
- Then save your changes by clicking “Schedule” at the bottom.
- Back on the “Create Post” window, click “Schedule Post.”
And that’s it. Facebook will now automatically publish your post on your page at the specified date and time. No interaction will be required from your end.
Publish Posts in the Future on Mobile
- On your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone, download the free Meta Business Suite app on your phone.
- Launch the app and sign in to your Facebook account.
- In the Meta Business Suite app’s bottom bar, tap “+” (plus) and then choose “Post.”
- On the “New Post” page, from the top, select the page on which you want to schedule your post. Then write up your post as you normally would.
- Once you’ve finished writing the post, in the top-right corner, tap “Next.”
- On the “Review” page, choose the “Schedule for Later” option.
- In the “Schedule Post” prompt, select a date and time for when your post is supposed to go live. Then tap “Schedule.”
- Back on the “Review” page, in the top-right corner, tap “Schedule.”
Your post has been successfully scheduled and it will go live at the specified date and time. You’re all set.