Need to view the WiFi password for a saved network on your Android phone? Here’s everything you can do to find your WiFi password using Android.
Wondering how to see a WiFi password on Android? Maybe you’re connected to a network where you forgot the password, or want to check the password for a friend’s network so you can connect another device to it.
No matter the reason, TheGhanaTech.com will show you how to find saved WiFi passwords on Android using a few different methods.
Note: These only let you see the password for networks you’ve already connected to in the past. You can’t use them to find the WiFi password for a network you’ve never joined; you’ll need to ask someone who manages the network for the password. You shouldn’t share the password for a network someone else manages unless you have their permission.
How to find your saved wifi password on Android
To begin revealing your saved passwords, launch Settings on your Android phone. Note that the steps below will slightly vary depending on the phone model you have.
- On your smartphone, open settings and choose “WiFi & Network”
- On the “WiFi & Network” page, select “WiFi”
- Click on “Saved Networks” to view your saved wireless networks
- On the network list, find and click on your WiFi network. Then, on the page that follows, choose “Share”
- Authenticate yourself using your fingerprint or PIN. Then, you’ll see a QR code on your screen
- Right beneath the QR code, next to “WiFi password,” you’ll find your selected network’s password.
You can now use this password to connect your other devices to your wireless network. Another way to do that is to scan the QR code with your other device and it’ll connect to your network.
Source: How-To Geek