Instagram is a fantastic social media platform that we all love for sharing visual content and discovering exciting visual content from others. Like all social platforms, however, Instagram content can be fleeting and fast-moving, so knowing how to download or save photos and posts is a really useful skill to learn.
There are several businesses that have generated massive growth only through their Instagram audience online. For several use cases, people on the app often feel the need to save their photos from the platform onto their smartphones.
You can save the photos shared on your Instagram profile onto your smartphone with a few simple steps. The photo can be saved in your phone’s Gallery and can be accessed at any time, even without an Internet connection.
How to save Instagram photos in Gallery
To save photos from your Instagram profile onto your phone, ensure that you have downloaded the app, signed in, and have a working Internet connection. In your profile tab, you can see all the photos you have shared through the many years that you have been sharing on Instagram. Users can now save their photos back into their phone gallery easily using the steps mentioned below:
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the Instagram home page.
- Click on the three horizontal lines that show up on the top right corner of the profile page.
- A hamburger menu shows up, click on Settings at the bottom.
- In Settings, click on Account > Original Photos (if using an iPhone). For Android users, they need to click on Account > Original Posts.
- Inside the Original Posts section, click on the Save Posted Photos toggle and turn it on. For iPhone users, toggle on Save Original Photos.
- With these options turned on, every photo that you post on Instagram will also be saved to the phone’s library. Your Gallery should show a separate album with the name Instagram Photos. The company notes that people using Instagram on Android may see a delay in photos appearing in their phone’s Instagram photo album.