In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will be guiding you on how you can recover your hacked Instagram account with a few steps. Cybercrimes are currently on the rise as internet usage has increased all over the globe. When a social media account is hacked, all of the user’s credentials, which may also contain sensitive data, are accessible to the hacker.
Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Twitter all provide various ways to recover their respective accounts. There are multiple ways on the website or in the app to secure your account if it has been hacked or taken over by someone else.
Some of these recovery procedures might not be available for you depending on the type of account (Private, Public, or Business) you’re attempting to recover.
How to recover your hacked Instagram account
Check your mailbox for a message from Instagram
- If your email address has changed, you will be notified via email from [email protected]. If you choose secure my account in the message, this security feature will allow you to undo your account’s information to change.
- You can ask Instagram for a login link or security code if other information such as your password has also been changed and you are unable to link your account back to your email address.
Request a login link from Instagram
- Open the Instagram app and on the login page, click on the Get help logging in option (Android) or Forgot password? (iPhone or web browser).
- Enter your username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, and then tap on the Next button.
- If you don’t have access to the username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, you can enter the login information you have used recently, and then tap on the Can’t reset your password? And then click on the Next button.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Select either your email address or phone number, and then hit the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen directions after clicking the login link in your email or SMS.
If the Instagram login link does not allow you to recover your account, you may be able to contact the company for assistance. Here’s how:
- Tap on the Need more help? option available on the login page.
- Following the on-screen prompts, choose your email address or phone number, tap the Send security code option, and then proceed as directed.
Verifying your identity
- If you request support for an account without photos of yourself: The email address or phone number you used to sign up, as well as the type of device you used, will be requested by Meta in order to confirm your identity.
- If you need support for an account that contains pictures of you: You will be required to take a video selfie in which you turn your head in various directions.
Instagram will send you an email at the secure email address you provided once you’ve submitted the necessary data to confirm your identity. Your account will be restored and you will be able to secure your credentials once more after your identity has been verified.