Facebook give several options to recover your Facebook account. Most of them depend on the information you entered and validated when you set up your account. It is very important not to forget about the information used for the set-up of the account because it will be needed when you can’t access your account.
In this step-by-step guide, TheGhanaTech is going to show you one of the best ways you can recover your Facebook account whether you have forgotten your password or you think your account has been hacked.
In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, there have been numerous complaints from users around the globe about their accounts being hacked. The reason most users get hacked is being listed below;
- Most accounts are being hacked due to weak password
- When a user clicks on an unknown link
- When a user forgets to log out from a different device used by someone
- When a user exposes some security privacy information online
Mostly when your Facebook account is been hacked, the hacker changes the email, phone number and password. When your account is being taken over by this perpetrator, they further hack contacts in the hacked accounts or use it for fraudulent activities.
How to recover your hacked Facebook account
Kindly follow the steps carefully to recover your hacked account without going through any stress.
- On your device, kindly go to https://www.facebook.com/help/1216349518398524
- On the hacked account page, click on “I think my Facebook account was hacked or someone is using it without my permission“
- Click on Get Started to answer some questions about the process
- Click on “someone else gained access to my account“
- Click on “No, I can’t log in“
- Click on “No, I don’t have access to the phone number or email address on the account“
- A link will be shared after answering the questions, click on the link facebook.com/login/identify
- Since your phone number and email has being changed on the account, kindly enter your name for the account and click on the search
- When your account appears, click on “This Is My Account“
- Click on the link “No longer have access to these?“
- Now follow the prompt
Note: You can email us at [email protected] if you are having challenges with the process or if the method shown above does not work for you.