If you want to avoid the loss of quality when sending photos through WhatsApp, then you need to send them as a different file like documents. Yes, you read it right! You can send photos as documents on WhatsApp to preserve their quality.
WhatsApp uses in-built features to automatically compress files shared between contacts to improve connectivity, space, and data among its users.
The downside is the loss of resolution, which means that the pixels of the original file shared with you isn’t the same as those in the one you received. This can be little to as high as 98%, which isn’t ideal if you need HD or raw images, especially if you need them for editing and other professional use.
The best way to send photos without losing quality on WhatsApp is to send them as a document file.
How to send photos as documents in WhatsApp on iPhone
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone → locate the photo you want to send.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Save to Files.
- Select the folder where you want to save your image, then select Save.
- Now launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Select the contact you want to share the image with.
- Tap the Add (+) button → Document.
- Navigate Files and tap the image you saved.
- You should see a blue checkmark at the center of the picture. Select Open → Send.
How to send photos as documents in WhatsApp on Android
- First, you will need to save and download the image that you want to send uncompressed on WhatsApp.
- After downloading the image on your device, save it with some names that you can remember.
- Now, you will need to open WhatsApp and click on the attachment button located inside the chatbox.
- From the options, choose ‘Document’ option.
- After this, select image that you want to send by browsing all the documents on your phone.
- Next, send the image as a document rather than using your gallery.