Experiencing no sound during calls on your iPhone can be a frustrating and inconvenient issue. Whether you rely on your iPhone for work or personal communication, resolving this problem promptly is essential. In this article, we will explore 12 potential solutions to help you troubleshoot and fix the no sound during calls issue on your iPhone.
How to fix “No Sound” during iPhone Calls
- Check Silent Mode and Volume Settings: Start by ensuring that your iPhone is not in silent mode. Check the physical silent switch on the side of your device. Additionally, adjust the volume using the side buttons to make sure it is not set to the minimum.
- Restart Your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve various software glitches. Power off your iPhone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This basic step can often clear up temporary issues causing the sound problem.
- Update iOS: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Apple regularly releases updates that include bug fixes and improvements. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for and install any available updates.
- Toggle Bluetooth Off: If you have connected your iPhone to a Bluetooth device, such as headphones or a car stereo, the sound might be redirected. Turn off Bluetooth by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and tapping the Bluetooth icon.
- Check Call Audio Routing: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing. Ensure that “Automatic” is selected. This setting determines where the call audio is directed, and setting it to automatic should route the sound through the phone.
- Clean Speaker and Microphone: Dust or debris on the speaker or microphone can affect sound quality. Use a small brush or compressed air to clean these components gently. Avoid using sharp objects that could damage your device.
- Reset All Settings: If the issue persists, try resetting all settings on your iPhone. This won’t delete your data, but it will reset system settings like Wi-Fi passwords and wallpaper. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Check for Call Forwarding: Call forwarding settings might be affecting your call sound. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it is turned off.
- Reset Network Settings: Resetting network settings can resolve connectivity issues that may affect call sound. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will also reset Wi-Fi passwords and cellular settings.
- Update Carrier Settings: Check if there are carrier settings updates available. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear, and you can install it.
- Restore iPhone: If none of the above solutions work, consider restoring your iPhone. Before doing this, ensure that you have a recent backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Contact Apple Support: If the problem persists after trying all the above steps, it’s advisable to contact Apple Support. There could be a hardware issue that requires professional assistance.
Experiencing no sound during calls on your iPhone can be frustrating, but with these 12 troubleshooting steps, you have a good chance of resolving the issue. Start with the basics and work your way through the more advanced solutions. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to seek help from Apple Support for further assistance.