In a state of high anticipation, the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) has strategically introduced an online registration platform dubbed, “MyNHIS.”
It is a convenient mobile App solution inaugurated to enable residents in Ghana and beyond to use their Ghana cards and sign up for the NHIS at their own convenience.
The new App will also enable NHIS members to securely pay registration and membership renewal fees from their mobile money wallets, Bank and Visa cards.
The latest NHIA novelty will operate on both Android and iOS smartphones. The NHIS Mobile Application App will issue digitized NHIS cards and provide a mechanism for the NHIA to fulfill its statutory obligations.
Most importantly, the innovation will deliver a vastly improved renewal experience to NHIS members as it saves time and money, thereby making the Scheme much more accessible to all residents in Ghana and beyond.
It is of utmost importance that Ghanaians home and abroad will take advantage of the newly introduced MyNHIS App to save time and expenses, increase higher levels of convenience, eliminate data entry errors, and improve efficiency.
How to use “MyNHIS” app for registration and renewal
Sign up or Create an account
- Download the MyNHIS app from the Play store or Apple store
- Click on the NHIS app, a welcome screen will be displayed
- Click on “Don’t have an account? Sign Up”
- Now enter your details to sign up.
- Enter the OTP received as SMS on the phone number used for the sign up.
- After entering the OTP successfully, the welcome dashboard will be shown to you.
Note: Before you can use the services on the app, you will be required to create a profile with your Ghana Card details.
Create a profile using Ghana Card
- After you have signed up, click on the “create profile”
- Now enter the details as shown on your ghana card and click next
- Select the nearest NIA office within your area and click next to verify
- When verified, a successful message will display, and click done
Once your profile has been created successfully, all the services will be activated on the app screen. You can now register, renew and link cards.