In case you have already published the story or want to save an old Instagram story with music from the archives, you can do it simply and easily with these guidelines. Again, this will also work for private accounts without any reduction in quality.
While you can create stunning Instagram stories with photos, videos, music, filters, stickers, texts, and much more, it doesn’t allow you to download the story with music. Why do you ask? It has mostly to do with music licensing and free distribution. Nevertheless, if you still wish to save an Instagram story with music, there are a few simple ways to do so.
How to download your own Instagram story with music
With this nifty trick, you can download Instagram Stories with music to your smartphone without using a third-party app. The best part is that it works flawlessly and without any limitations. The quality of the video also remains intact and private accounts are also supported in this method. You can basically save an Instagram story with music without posting the same.
- First, open Instagram and create a story with photos, videos, stickers, and all. You can also add music if you want. Now, don’t publish the story. Instead, tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner and choose “Save“.
- As we all know, the story will be saved to your iPhone or Android device, but without music.
- Now, open Instagram again and swipe left to enter the Messages section. Here, open one of the chats with your close friend and tap the “camera” icon at the bottom-left corner.
- Now, choose the video you just downloaded.
- Finally, swipe up and add the music to your story. After that, make sure “Keep in chat” is selected at the bottom-left corner. After that, tap on “Send” in the bottom right.
- After the message is delivered, tap and hold on to the video to see a host of options at the bottom. Here, tap on “More” and select “Save” to download the video to your gallery.
- That’s all. You have successfully downloaded the Instagram Story with music on your smartphone.
How to save your Instagram story with music after publishing the story
- Open the Instagram app and move to your profile. Here, tap the hamburger menu in the top-right corner and open “Archive“. Archive saves all your past stories in the cloud.
- Now, choose the story you want to download. After that, tap on the three-dot menu and select “Save Video” from the pop-up. The story will be saved to your camera roll but without music.
- Now, just like the above method, send the story (downloaded video) as a message to one of your close people in DM and then add music. After that, enable the “Keep in chat” option in the bottom left corner. Finally, send the video to your friend.
- After the message is delivered, tap and hold the video message and select “More” from the options that appear. Then, go ahead and save the Instagram Story with music.