The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has announced that all taxpayers can now use the GRA Portal to file and Pay their Taxes online without going through any stress. The portal is very easy and simple for making filing a return and paying taxes. In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will show the steps to follow when using the GRA Portal to file and pay your taxes online.
The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has gone digitalized and cashless. This means that there is no need for you to visit the tax office for payment because they have stopped accepting cheques and cash. The Authority is encouraging every taxpayer to make good use of the portal when filing and making payments of taxes.
Someone may ask “What is the use of tax”? The answer to this question is, the taxes we pay helps in developing the nation. “The tax money also helps to ensure that government infrastructure, such as hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, bridges, etc. are well-built and well-maintained. The income tax is one of the biggest sources of income for the Ghanaian government” stated GRA.
In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, “All Taxpayers must file a return on income not later than four (4) months after the end of the year. The return must be in a prescribed form indicating the assessable income, chargeable income, the tax payable, tax paid and any remainder to be paid” stated Ghana Revenue Authority. Though you can file your returns at any GRA office, it is also recommended to use the GRA portal to File and Pay Your Taxes Online without going to the office to join any long queue.
To file and pay your taxes online, you need to complete the following steps shown below. The process is by the use of the Ghana.Gov and GRA Portal
If you are using the Ghan.Gov platform for the first time
- Kindly go to Ghana.Gov https://www.ghana.gov.gh/
- Click on Sign Up
- Now provide all required information
- Check to accept terms and conditons and Click on Continue
- Check your phone for verification code and Enter to continue
- Now you are now logged in to Ghana.Gov dashboard
How to use GRA Portal to File and Pay Taxes Online
Kindly follow the steps carefully to file and pay your taxes online with the use of the GRA Portal.
- Visit the GRA Portal https://taxpayersportal.com/
- Click on Login with GHANA.GOV
- Enter all the required information and click on Sign In
- Now Enter your TIN/Ghana Card Number and click on Sign Up
- The Portal will now send a verification code to your mobile number
- Enter the verification code sent and click on Verify
- You can now create a new password for the Portal and Re-Enter the confirmation password
- Click on Set Password to activate your user account for the portal
- You are now ready to login to the Portal.
- Now click on the Go to Login to return to the taxpayer portal
- Enter your TIN number or your Ghana Card Number and click on Login
- You can now click on the Tax Types to view all registered tax types for the taxpayer
- Click on the File Your Returns at the top and click File Now
- Filling in the necessary details and click on the Confirm Save to submit your form
- Now click on the Pay Your Taxes at the top and you will see the pending file returns that you worked on
- Click on PAY Now button and check if all the details displayed is correct and click on Next
- Select Payment Method (Mobile Money, Credit/ Debit Card, Bank Transfer) and follow the prompt
- After the payment is done, Click on the Receipts Section to view the file returns that you paid
- You can now print the receipts for future reference
Note: I will recommend you to use the computer when you want to make payment with the Portal.