Aside from looking pretty cool, dark mode helps to reduce glare and give your eyes a break from bright screens. While not for everyone, the dark mode is best suited for late-night social media scrolling. The feature has become so popular that pretty much everyone uses it. Here’s how to turn on dark mode on Facebook.
How to turn on dark mode on the Facebook app
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device
- Click the Menu icon in the top left corner. From there, tap the Settings wheel
- Scroll down to find the Preferences section and select Dark Mode.
- Tap On to enable dark mode. You can also tap Use system settings to adjust the appearance according to the time of day on your device.
How to turn on dark mode on desktop
- Log into Facebook to reach the homepage and click the drop-down arrow in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Display & Accessibility.
- You’ll then find settings for dark mode. Click On to go dark, and you will see the changes immediately.
You can also select Automatic to switch dark mode on and off based on the time of day in your system settings. It’s a great way to save time if you constantly switch back and forth.
Source: Android Authority