In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will show you how to set up a multi-screen display using windows 10. Connecting extra monitors to your laptop to use as a dual monitor is very easy and simple to set up. This is a technical process when it comes to the IT field.
Recently a lot of people started working at home because of the COVID-19 pandemic. In an interview made by TheGhanaTech.com, a lot of windows 10 users were saying that the multi-screen display or the dual monitor has really helped them in their productivity tasks and some other business projects.
The process of setting up two or more monitor screens to display or operate from a single computer is very interesting. The multi-screen display gives a lot of benefits to the user. There are so many ways to have a multi-screen display from a single computer but in this tutorial, we will be using a wired method. Some people prefer to use some applications which I don’t recommend.
The Multi-Screen display helps reduce downtime. This means that, when you are connected to about three (3) computers and one get interrupted, you can still use the other monitors to work without any interruption. It also helps in optimising work performance. This is whereby you can easily exchange applications from one monitor to another.
This process also helps in viewing more content. And with this method, you can easily open and work on so many documents without using any required software application.
How to set up a Multi-Screen display using Windows 10
You will need to complete the installation or set up the multi-screen display using a laptop with one of these. (HDMI cable, VGA cable, DVI cable, DISPLAYPORT). Follow the steps carefully to complete the setup.
- Switch ON your Laptop
- Now, Connect your HDMI Adapter to the laptop
- Connect your Monitors to the HDMI Adapter
- On your Laptop, right click on the mouse and Click on the Display settings
- Now you see the arrangement of the Screens connected (With a label: 1, 2, 3 depending on the number of screen connected)
- You can arrangement them to your choice and click on Apply
- Now scroll down and click on the Multiple Display
- Select Extend these displays (Duplicate these displays, Extend these displays, Show only on 1, Show only on 2. You can select the one you prefer to use)
NOTE: You can also use this process if you want to connect more than three (3) monitors to your laptop.