Have you forgotten your Apple ID and password to activate your iPhone or iPad? or did you buy a second-hand iOS device with iCloud Activation Lock? In today’s tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will show you the steps to bypass or remove iCloud Activation Lock on your iPhone or iPad.
Someone may ask “What is iCloud Activation Lock”? The iCloud Activation Lock is the most powerful anti-theft security feature that was introduced on Apple devices (iPhone, iPad). Most apple users get frustrated immediately they see iCloud Activation Lock on their iPhone or iPad.
The iCloud activation Lock turns to get activated automatically when the user turns on Find My on the device. This feature was fully developed to track and erase the necessary information from the iPhones, iPads or iPod touch that has been stolen or missing.
Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone, make sure that the device that you are buying doesn’t have Activation Lock shown on the screen. You need to let the person erase the account and everything on the device so that he/she will no longer get access to the device.
And also the purpose of activating the iCloud activation lock is to prevent people from wiping your device and putting in their information on it when it is been stolen. Even if your device is manually restored, the activation lock screen will still pop up and you will be required to provide the owner’s Apple ID and password.
TheGhanaTech is going to show you how you can easily bypass security or remove Activation Lock on iPhone/iPad with the use of the software. Some people forget their credentials to deactivate the “iCloud activation lock” and with that, the owner has to follow the steps below to remove the lock from the device without any hassle.
How to remove Activation Lock on iPhone/iPad
In this tutorial, we will be using a software called Tenorshare 4MeKey, which is the best iCloud unlock software on iOS devices.
Note: Please be noted that 4MeKey is compatible with iOS devices from iPhone 5s to iPhone X. And is fully supports iOS 12 to 14 (iOS 14 for 6s, 6s plus, SE1, iPad 5, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro 1)
- Download and install the Tenorshare 4Mekey software on your computer
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer
- Kindly open the Tenorshare 4Mekey software on your computer and Click on Start
- Read the risk tips and click Next
- Before you start to unlock the iCloud account, 4MeKey will jailbreak your device
- Click on the jailbreak tutorial to find the detail and guide for the jailbreak process.
- Download the jailbreak tools on your computer (eg. checknix-1.0.6-amd64 iso, rufus-3.1.1 exe)
- Now, open the rufus. Before we start the jailbreak, you need to prepare a USB flash drive with more than 5GB capacity and insert the USB into your computer
- Click the SELECT button to find the “checknix-1.0.6-amd64 iso” file
- Leave the other options and click Start
- A warning info will pop up and select “Write in DD image Mode” and click OK
- Click the on close button when the process is done
- Now restart your computer
- When the computer is powered loaded in a meanwhile, press F12 to boot menu
- Select the USB Flash drive that you burned the checknix-1.0.6-amd64 iso file
- When the checknix-1.0.6-amd64 iso file is initiated, connect your iOS device to the computer and you will see a reminder in the program
- Select the Start option from arrow keys on your keyboard and press Enter
- To jailbreak your iOS device, checknix-1.0.6-amd64 iso requires your device to be in DFU mode
- Select Next and the program will direct you to DFU mode
- The checknix-1.0.6-amd64 iso will automatically put your iOs device into recovery mode,
- Select start and follow the instructions
- After your device enter DFU mode successfully, checknix-1.0.6-amd64 iso will automatically jailbreak your device
- When the jailbreak is completed, select done and unplug the USB flash drive
- Now restart the computer and 4MeKey again, the device will be confirmed.
- Now click on start remove. The icloud activation lock will be removed in minutes
- Now you can set up your iPhone/iPad without activation lock
- When you come to the Apple ID login interface, just choose “forgotten password or don’t have an Apple ID”. Because you have already removed the iCloud account
- After you have set up the iOS device, you can login a new Apple ID through App Store or iTunes & App Store in settings to download apps over Wi-Fi.