Do you know that you can register your Vodafone SIM with your Ghana card using the Vodafone online portal? The Telecommunication giant, Vodafone has now given another option of registration whereby a subscriber can link his or her Ghana card with the use of the Vodafone online portal.
On the 6th January 2022, the National Communications Authority (NCA) in a press release stated that “the frustration and inconvenience of customers in their bid to complete the second stage of SIM card registration has caused a lot of long queues and congestion at the customer care centres of Mobile Network Operators (MNOs)”.
In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, the deadline for the registration of SIM cards is on the 31st March 2022 which has caused a lot of panic and queues at various Vodafone offices nationwide. The Management of Vodafone Ghana has come to realise that, there has to be another option that can reduce the congestion for the Vodafone SIM registration exercise.
Vodafone Online SIM Registration Platform has been developed to reduce long queues and congestion at various Vodafone customer care centres. This Online SIM Registration Platform will help subscribers to complete the second stage of the sim registration process. After completing the second stage of the SIM registration through the Vodafone Portal Online SIM Registration, you still need to go to the office or the customer care centre to complete the final stage which is the Biometric process.
In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will show you the First and Second stage registration process. This registration process is meant for Vodafone Subscribers only.
First Stage Registration Process;
How to register your SIM with Ghana Card via USSD
- On your phone, dail *404#
- Select option 1 (Register)
- Enter your Ghana Card PIN
- Now Confirm Ghana Card PIN
- Enter your Surname on the Ghana Card
- Enter your First name(s) on the Ghana Card
- Enter your Date of Birth in this format (DDMMYYYY)
- Enter your sex ( Male or Female)
- Now confirm your details
- Submits details provided after confirmation
After you are done with the first Registration Process shown above, you have to now move to the second stage which is done with the Vodafone Online SIM Registration platform.
Second Stage Registration Process;
Vodafone Portal: How to register your Vodafone SIM with Ghana Card Online
This stage is only meant for Vodafone Subscribers. Kindly follow the tutorial carefully and please ensure that you are the owner of the Vodafone SIM card you are trying to register.
- Kindly visit the Vodafone online Sim Registration via https://vodafone.com.gh/sim
- Enter your Vodafone number (e.g 020XXXXXXX or 050XXXXXXX)
- Now click on Verify
- You will be asked to answer some security questions on SIM Usage (e.g What is your main account balance from *124#) and click submit
- Select your Gender (e.g Male or Female)
- Enter your Surname (as it is shown on your Ghana Card)
- Enter your Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Enter your Ghana Card number in this format (GHAXXXXXXXXXX). Do not include the the dash (-) symbols
- Now click on Continue
- A One-Time-Pin will be sent to you via SMS
- Enter the Pin to continue the verification (e.g 445567)
- Click on Confirm
- Now click on Complete SIM registration
- After submission, you will get a success message ” Congratulations! You have completed your SIM registration. Dial *400# to confirm your details
NOTE: You still need to go to the office or the customer care centre to complete the final stage which is the Biometric process.