You can now request or register for a Social Security And National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) number online with the help of the SSNIT self-service portal. As an employee, it is mandatory to get a Social Security number so that your employer will contribute some money to your account.
The contribution made by the employer will be given to you when you go on pension. In an interview sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, for you to enjoy yourself and feel happy when you go on pension is for you to make a regular contribution for about 15 years (180 months).
To get a SSNIT number for yourself, you need to follow the steps below. The steps below are the 1st stage for the biometric registration.
How to register for SSNIT number online in Ghana
1. Open a browser on your computer and visit the SSNIT website here.
2. Move your mouse cursor to the menu section and click on “self service“.
3. After clicking on the self service, the SSNIT portal will open.
4. Click on “Member Enrolment“.
5. Now, the online application form will open for you. You need to fill in all the required space provided.
6. After filling in the required space, click on “submit“.
Make sure that you provide the correct information in the required space given.
Note: You still need to go to the nearest SSNIT office to complete the final stage which is the Biometric process.