Most people find it difficult when updating their windows to a current version. One of the common errors that appear when you click on windows update is “Your Device is missing Important Security and Quality fixes”. This error normally appears when upgrading the version of your windows.
Normally, some of the errors are being debugged after troubleshooting and it works perfectly. The Update & Setting found on the Microsoft system features is basically for windows update service whereby you can check and solve some errors manually when you see them.
ALSO READ: How to Format your PC and clean Windows 10
Do not panic when you see a notification indicating “Your Device is missing important security and quality fixes”. The best way is for you to try resetting the windows update service manually which can be done easily by the use of the command prompt or a terminal.
A solution on how to fix “Your Device is missing Important Security and Quality fixes” in Windows Update
The following steps will show you how to fix some update errors.
NOTE: Kindly make sure you do a backup of all your files and folder before you with the process.
- Type CMD in the Search box found at the left down corner of your window and run the command prompt as an administrator
- In the command prompt, type net stop wuauserv and press Enter
- Type net stop cryptSvc and press Enter
- Type net stop bits and press Enter
- Type net stop msiserver and press Enter
- Now, type net start wuauserv and press Enter
- Type net start cryptSvc and press Enter
- Type net start bits and press Enter
- Type net start msiserver and press Enter
- Now, go back and windows update and start updating.