Most Windows users have been getting a caution alert in their notification box whenever a USB device is inserted into their Computer. The caution is stated that “USB Device Not Recognized, the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and windows do not recognize it“.
In a test conducted by TheGhanaTech.com, we realise that windows reject the USB device when it is inserted into the PC. With this situation, after running a severally test, the team got to know the problem and the solution towards the error that normally shows up whenever a USB device is inserted into the USB port.
Someone will ask, can the USB device not recognize be fixed without going through any stress. The recommendation answer for this question is YES. Working on this type of troubleshooting is not easy at all but as a user, you need to know how to fix this kind of problem or issue.
Some reason for this kind of technical issue is, some windows users remove their USB device from the port of their computer without Ejecting the device from the computer. This process can corrupt your device and create a malfunction to your device.
ALSO READ: Ursula Awarded Digital Leader of the year
Sometimes the computer virus can also be the cause of this situation. When a user inserts a device into the port of the computer, the virus attacks the device and corrupt the files and folders. When an issue like this happens, you need to know that cannot be formatted unless the error gets resolved.
How to fix USB Device Not Recognized Error in Windows
In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com is going to show how you can fix your USB device not recognized in three (3) options
- Kindly go to start and type Power Plan and click on Choose a power plan
- A new page will open and click on the Change plan settings on where the (Balanced Recommended)
- Now click on Change advanced power settings
- In the power options box, scroll down and click on USB settings
- In the USB settings, click on the USB selective suspend setting to expand and click Enable and select Disable in the option
- Click on Apply and Save changes
- Go to start and type Device Manager
- Scroll down and select Universal Serial Bus controller to expand
- Right-click on the USB drivers and click Update driver
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software
- Click on Let me pick from a list of avaliable drivers on my computer
- Now select and click on the model drive for your USB and press NEXT to install (Note: Kindly do that to all the USB drivers found under USB drivers)
NOTE: If the above options do not work, then you need to;
- You need to check whether you are using the up dated Windows
- You need to try and different port on your computer or you change the device