In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech is going to show you the easiest and simplest steps to fix the windows blue screen error that says, “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart”, popularly known as Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).
Most of the time you get a stop code associated with it and hence the root cause is called a stop error. The stop code may be a different problem in all cases but the root cause normally get the same potential solutions. Don’t worry, this statement might sound too technical but the solution is very simple.
Someone may ask, “What causes the blue screen of death error”, Basically incompatible hardware and software changes may cause your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly with this blue screen error. Sometimes installation of outdated software or drivers on the computer may cause a blue screen of death.
Corrupt system files on the computer may also cause BSOD errors. These corrupt files can interrupt the windows system to run very slow and also can even break down your system to give you a blue screen of death. Malware is another major cause of the blue screen. Malware can easily break down your windows system without your notice.
How to fix Blue Screen of Death error on Windows
Kindly follow the steps carefully to fix the blue screen of death error in windows10/11.
- On your computer, search for Disk Cleanup
- Now, Click on Clean up system files
- On your computer, kindly search for command Prompt
- Open the command prompt as an administrator
- Now you will type in SFC /scannow and press Enter. (Kindly follow the instructions that will be given out)
- After you are done with the SFC/ scannow, kindly type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and press Enter (This will check your system for health improvement)
- Kindly type this in the command prompt, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and press Enter (This will scan to check if there is any corrupted file)
- Now type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter ( This will restore any corrupted files on your computer)
- You can now check the disk for any corrupted file by typing chkdsk /r and press Enter
- After chkdsk /r, you need to restart your computer by typing /r /t 0 in the command prompt
- Now the system will be checking the disk for any corrupted files. Kindly follow the instructions carefully for a better result
Note: For more enquiries, you can send to us via email ([email protected])