The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) Taxpayer Portal and App are one of the best and most secured digital self-services systems whereby taxpayers are allowed to file their returns initiate payments and access other tax-related services through the portal.
In an interview made by TheGhanaTech, most people get confused between the GRA taxpayer portal from the Ghana.Gov platform because they think using the Ghana.Gov is the only solution for making returns but it is not really so.
The Taxpayer portal is mainly used for filing returns and generating tax bills while Ghana.Gov is a digital services and payment platform. In terms and policies, these two digital platforms work together to help the taxpayer successfully go through the process.
Most people were also having bad thoughts about the taxpayer portal because they thought after making the returns on the portal they have to go back to their Ghana.Gov account to make a payment but with many explanations, they got to realise that the account will be linked to your taxpayer portal account when you initiate payment for the first time.
The categories of taxpayers that can mostly use the portal for filing their Tax returns are Excise taxpayers, taxpayers who have registered with the large taxpayer officer, and taxpayers whose annual turnover is above GHC5million.
The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) in a post sighted by TheGhanaTech made a statement that all manual returns from the above-mentioned categories of taxpayers will not be accepted at the Ghana Revenue Authority offices. The taxpayer portal has to be their system management for file returns.
How to file Tax returns online via GRA Taxpayer Portal
In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech is going to show you how you can easily file your tax returns online with the use of the Taxpayer Portal & App without going through any stress. You can get the Taxpayer App from Google Play or Apple Store
if you are a NEW USER
- Kindly visit taxpayersportal.com or open the mobile app and click on Sign Up
- Enter your TIN/Ghana Card PIN and select the preferred contact you want to receive a verification code
- Now create a Password and Re-enter the password to confirm and complete the Sign Up process
- You will then be redirected to the login page after the creation is successfully
- Now login to your portal dashboard with the TIN/Ghana Card PIN and Password
How to file returns online using the Taxpayer Portal or App
- Kindly visit taxpayersportal.com or open the mobile app
- Login with your registered details (TIN/Ghana Card PIN and Password )
- On the menu, click on File Your Returns
- Click on the File Now
- Fill in the necessary details and click on the Confirm Save to submit your form
- Click on PAY Now and check if all the details displayed are correct and click on Next
- Select Payment Method (Mobile Money, Credit/ Debit Card, Bank Transfer) and follow the prompt