Do you know that you can easily enable two-step verification to protect your Whatsapp account? All WhatsApp users can now enable two-step verification on their smartphones to protect their WhatsApp account without downloading any other security app. The two-step verification is an optional feature that adds more security to your account.
WhatsApp is one of the biggest social media platforms whereby most people have a lot of conversations and business plans. It is very important as an individual to keep your text, images, audio, documents and other files protected using the two-step verification.
The two-step verification normally pop-up when you register your WhatsApp with a new number or reregister the account. In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, the two-step verification was added to Whatsapp features to protect the individual database from hackers and others. This security policy was developed to ensure that all WhatsApp users are in a safe and secure chatroom.
A lot of people haven’t heard of this new security policy feature that is why most people download different security apps just to secure their Whatsapp conversation. With the help of the newly developed feature, there is no need to download any other security app for the protection of the account.
How to Enable two-step verification on your WhatsApp
In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com is going to show you the procedure of Enabling two-step verification for your WhatsApp account.
- On your smartphone, open WhatsApp
- Now click and open WhatsApp Settings
- Click on Account
- Click on Two-step verification and click on ENABLE
- Now Enter a 6-digit PIN which you will be asked for when you register your phone number with Whatsapp
- Confirm your PIN
- Now add an Email address to your account which will be used to reset your PIN if you forget it and safeguard your account or you can click on skip (NOTE: I will recommend you to enter your email)
- Now tap on Next to confirm Email address
- Click on Save or Done