In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will be showing you how you can easily customize your android phone keyboard without going through any stress. In fact, one of the best things about Android phones is the ability to change the keyboard whenever you feel like it.
Most stock keyboards on Android are pretty great, but whether you’re after more customization options, want a new layout, or anything else in between, switching to a new keyboard takes just a few taps and a little bit of patience.
How to change your keyboard on Android
There’s a wealth of different keyboard options, but in this case, we’ll be installing “Gboard.”
- On your smartphone, open the Google Play Store app and search for “keyboard” or a related search term, and select the keyboard app you want by tapping on it.
- Once you’ve made your decision about which keyboard app you want, click on “Install.”
- Once the download is complete, tap “Open” to open your new keyboard app. Follow its prompts, if there are any, to complete the installation.
- Open your Android mobile device’s Settings app. If you’re not sure where to find it, swipe up on your Home screen and browse the app menu until you find “Settings,” represented by an icon that resembles a gear.
- In the Settings menu, tap on “General management“
- Click on “Language and input“
- Click on “Default keyboard“