Microsoft Outlook is one of the best web-based software systems from Microsoft, whereby most individuals and businesses use it to send and receive emails by accessing Microsoft Exchange Server to connect and manage email from a variety of sources.
Configuring Microsoft Outlook on your computer is very easy, simple and secure. The outlook can be found on Microsoft Office Suite which is available on most Windows 10/11 computers. You can also connect and manage your mails from outlook with the use of the mobile app version (Andriod/iOS) which can be downloaded from the Play Store or App Store.
Outlook uses two (2) ways to access its email and they are IMAP and POP. IMAP is the best and most recommended protocol for users. When you read an email message using the IMAP method, it doesn’t download or store it on your computer but rather access it directly from the email server.
With the use of IMAP, you can easily access your emails from a different phone, computer, and tablet. Messages and attachments can not be downloaded automatically unless you click on them. POP connect directly to your email service (server) and download all the new messages from it.
After the message has been downloaded onto your computer, all the messages on the email service will be deleted. All sent emails will be stored locally on your computer, not on the email server. With the help of TheGhanaTech.com, you will be able to configure or set up the outlook on your computer without any stress.
How to setup your email account with Microsoft Outlook
Kindly follow the tutorial carefully to configure your personal or business email with outlook (Gmail, Webmail).
- On your computer, click on the start menu
- Search for Outlook, and click on it
- To add an email account to the outlook, a question will pop saying “Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account” then you choose Yes and click Next
- Select Manual setup or additional server type and click Next
- Select POP or IMAP and click Next
- Now fill in the necessary details required
- Use the email account you want outlook to get access
- Enter the password for the email account
- Now click on the more settings
- A dialogue box will pop up and you click on the Outgoing Server
- Select the check box (My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication)
- Click on Advanced. In the advance dialogue, Incoming Serve (IMAP) encryption and connection, and click on the drop down button and select SSL.
- Now click down drop button and select SSL
- Make sure you use the correct email account for the connection
- Now click Next to proceed
Note: You can connect your business domain email service (mail.com) to outlook with the same steps.