Nearly everyone has a favourite web browser. Windows 10 makes it super easy to change your default web browser. In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, most people use Google Chrome as their default browser.
Often, when you first install a new web browser it will almost immediately ask you if you want to set it as the default. This is a good opportunity to do so, as well as to import things such as bookmarks, browsing history and other preferences from your old browser.
Mostly after installing windows 10 on your pc, the system uses Edge as your default browser. Changing your default browser on Windows 10 is fairly simple, and it can be done through your system settings.
How to change your default browser in Windows 10
In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech will be showing you how you can easily change your default browser in windows 10. Kindly follow the steps carefully;
- Open the Start menu and select Settings
- Select Apps
- Select Default apps on the sidebar. Then, scroll down to the Web browser section and select Microsoft Edge.
- Pick the browser you want to make the default e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla, Opera browser
- Exit the Settings app
The browser should now work as the default browsing app in Windows 10.
How to change your default browser in Windows 11
- Open the Start menu and then type Default apps.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Microsoft Edge or another browser.
The browser should now work as the default browsing app.