The Management of the National Identification Authority (NIA) has now given an alternative way of reducing long queues at various registration offices whereby everyone can easily book an appointment for a Ghana Card online without going through any stress.
The development of the National Identification Authority booking system for Ghana Card has really helped a lot of individuals in the country who are very eager to register for their Card. In an interview made by TheGhanaTech, most people don’t know that there’s a portal for booking an appointment for Ghana Card online.
In a post sighted by TheGhanaTech, it is mandatory for every Ghanaian citizen in the country to register for Ghana Card. Some people still don’t see the importance and use of the Ghana Card. It is very important for a Ghanaian citizen to have a Ghana card because the card can be used for so many things in the country.
The National Identity Card (Ghana Card) can be used for the following transactions where identification is required;
- Application for and issuance of a passport
- Application for and issuance of a driver’s licence
- Opening of bank account
- Purchase of insurance policies
- Registering or Linking to your National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
- Payment of taxes
- Registration of SIM cards
- Applications for public or government services, facilities, approvals, permissions or benefits
- Registration of Social Security And National Insurance Trust (SSNIT)
- And any other transactions which the Authority may determine and publish in the Gazette
How to book an appointment for Ghana Card Online
To book an appointment for Ghana Card, you need to follow the steps very carefully for a better result and response.
Note: The applicant will pay for a premium registration of amount GHC 250
- On your smartphone or computer, kindly visit appointments.nia.gov.gh
- Kindly fill out the form provided (Surname, Forename(s), Date of Birth, Telephone number)
- Now, at the preferred service area, you will have to select and click on the New Registration (Premium Service)
- Now scroll down and click on Select this service
- Choose a date for your Ghana card registration appointment. Please kindly remember to click on the load date
- Now select the available time and click on Submit Appointment
Note: For any assistance, you can send us an email at [email protected]