The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration has disclosed that every Ghanaian can now apply for a Ghana passport online and receive it at any of the Ghana Passport Offices.
If you are interested in applying for a Ghana passport online, TheGhanaTech.com is the best platform to guide you with the process. Below shows you all the cost of the available application types.
What you need to apply for the Ghana passport online
- Your Birth Certificate (Proof of Ghanaian citizenship)
- Document to support identity such as Driver’s licence, National ID card
- Proof of Profession (An introductory letter from the applicant’s employer that is if the applicant is currently employed or a work ID card that bears the applicant’s name, organisation’s name and position. A student ID if the applicant is currently in school. Homemakers/housewives and applicants that are unemployed and those in the non-formal sector of employment like mechanics, hairdressers seamstresses, traders etc. do not need proof. Registered Business Owners and self-employed applicants must produce their business registration certificate as proof)
ALSO READ: How to recover or check your TIN in Ghana
How to apply for a Ghana passport online
The journey to all the Application Types
- Open or visit Ghana.Gov website
- Kindly click Sign Up if you are new user by providing all the necessary information.
- Now login, and click on the Passport Office
- Click on Apply, which will redirect you to Online Passport Application
- Click on ”MAKE PAYMENT”
- You will fill the following form and make payment
- Make payment with the application type you choose. Payment method is by; Bank card, Mobile Money, Scan & Pay, Pay with *222#, Pay at Bank.
- After successful payment, the forms is now issued into your account to continue with the passport forms.
- Click on ”My Application” found on the portal and start to fill the required details.
- Book an appointment date to visit the nearest passport office ( i.e. you will choose the nearest Passport Application Centre (PAC)) after document been confirmed successfully.
- You will need to sign the declaration form and the guarantor will also sign his or her part in the forms after printing it out.
- You will then visit the nearest selected Passport Application Centre for verification by going through biometric process ( i.e. photography and fingerprint).