Subscribers on DStv can now block channels that are harmful to their kids by the use of the parental control option on the DStv decoder. This option can be found on all DStv decoders and it’s easy to activate.
Some channels and movies on decoders are 18+ which is not meant for children under 18. But children of today will hide themselves and watch some movies or channels which are above their age and without their parent’s notice.
Parental Control was introduced on the decoders just to restrict some channels and movies from children below the minimum of 18years of age. This guide has helped parents by protecting children from accessing some channels or movies on the decoder.
ALSO READ: How to register for MTN Qwik Loan in Ghana
How do I activate Parental Control on DStv Decoder
These steps will show you how to block some channels from PVR Decoders and other DStv decoder models.
1. Press the Menu button on your DStv remote control
2. Select the Parent Control option
3. Enter the default pin code ie 1234 (Note: You have the option to change the default pin code)
4. Select option 1 (Blocking option)
5. Scroll by the right arrow and select parental control
6. Go to parental levels
7. Select Accept or OK to save these settings.
8. Now press ”EXIT” to go back to normal viewing