Grammarly for Outlook is an amazing addition that saves your time and allows you to write error-free emails without switching to another platform. Grammarly is available as an Outlook add-on and a web extension for Windows, Mac, and the top Chromebooks.
Microsoft Outlook has an Editor to spot and fix your typos in real-time. However, in our testing, we found it average. It’s not as effective as Grammarly at improving your writing. This add-on helps you enhance clarity, engagement, and delivery. It also catches plagiarized content.
It’s a must-have add-on for writers, researchers, students, and professionals. Since the company’s extension is available for Microsoft Outlook, you don’t need to leave your email’s compose screen to find spelling errors.
How to install Grammarly for your Outlook
- Visit Grammarly on the web and download the add-in on your computer.
- Open the downloaded file from the Downloads folder on your PC.
- Select Get Started.
- Select Grammarly for Outlook checkbox and click the Install button.
How to install Grammarly add-on to Outlook app on Windows
- Open Outlook on your PC. You’ll see Grammarly in the top menu bar.
- If you don’t see Grammarly at the top, activate it from the Add-ins menu.
- Select File in the upper-left corner and select Options.
- Click Add-ins from the left sidebar and select Go beside the Manage menu.
- Click the checkbox beside Grammarly and select OK.
- Grammarly appears on your Outlook app. Select it, click the More menu (three-dot), and select Log in.
- When Grammarly on the web opens, log in with your account details to launch Outlook.
- Click the New Email button in the upper-left corner and write your business email.
- Click Open Grammarly in the upper-left corner and check suggestions to improve your writing. Go through the Grammarly suggestions and make relevant changes to your draft.
- Open the Adjust Goals menu in Grammarly for tailored writing suggestions based on your goals and audience.
How to add Grammarly to Outlook web
Microsoft Outlook’s web version is feature-packed with OneNote, To-Do, Skype, and Microsoft 365 integration. If you prefer the Outlook web version, use the Grammarly add-on to find spelling and grammar mistakes in your email draft. This web extension is available on major web browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Opera.
- Open your preferred browser on your computer. We use Google Chrome as an example.
- Visit the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Grammarly and open the extension info menu.
- Select the Add to Chrome button.
- You can check Grammarly in action from the extension bar at the top. Open it.
- Log in with your Grammarly account details.
- Go to the Outlook web version and click New message in the upper-right corner.
- When you draft your email message, Grammarly runs in the background to catch spelling and grammar errors.
- Click the number of Grammarly suggestions at the bottom and accept or dismiss changes.
- If Grammarly doesn’t work for you, activate it for Outlook.live.com. Expand the Grammarly extension from the top and turn on the Check for Writing Suggestions for Outlook toggle.