In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will walk you through a number of ways to stop the Facebook app from stopping and crashing on smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
Most users always ask why their Facebook Keep Crashing. Apps and services, because they do so much more, are just more complicated. And that means there’s a wider variety of reasons the app is crashing:
- A lack of free space on a smartphone, tablet, or PC
- Out-of-date operating system or app
- Facebook service being down or experiencing other issues
- Weak cellular or Wi-Fi internet connection
How to Stop the Facebook App From Crashing and Freezing
There are a number of proven tech tips that can prevent the Facebook app from stopping, freezing, and crashing. It’s best to work through them in the order listed below as these solutions are organized from simplest and quickest to more complex and lengthy.
- Check if Facebook’s down. It’s possible Facebook itself is experiencing some issues which can cause the Facebook app to freeze or crash.
- Update the Facebook app. It’s important to keep the Facebook app up to date. The process to update the app depends on your platform: iPhone (Update Facebook on iPhone), Android (Update Facebook on Android), or Windows (Update Facebook on Windows).
- Update your operating system. How to update your operating system depends on the platform you use Windows (Update the Windows OS), Android (Update the Android operating system), or iOS (Update iOS on an iPhone).
- Free up space on your device. Freeing up space on your device will depend on the platform you are using: iPhone (Free up space on an iPhone), Android (Free up space on an Android device), or Windows (Free up space on a Windows PC).
- Close and re-open the Facebook app. Re-opening the Facebook app will refresh a lot of its data and help it run better. Make sure to properly quit the app. Properly quitting an app depends on your platform: iPhone (Close an app properly on an iPhone) or Android (Close an app properly on an Android device).
- Restart your device. A simple restart can fix quite a few problems you’d not be able to fix any other way. Restarting your device depends on your platform: Windows (Restart your Windows PC), iOS (Restart your iPhone), or Android (Restart your Android device).
- Switch to cellular. Your Wi-Fi internet may have a weak signal which can cause app glitches and crashes.
- Switch to Wi-Fi only. It’s possible your mobile device’s weak connection to its cellular network could be causing Facebook to crash. Connect your Android device or iPhone to Wi-Fi and re-open the Facebook app.
- Turn off your VPN. It’s possible your VPN service could be having connection issues that are affecting the Facebook app.
- Disable your iPhone’s Low Data Mode. This setting could be affecting the Facebook app’s ability to connect to the Facebook servers which can cause the app to freeze and crash.
- Clear the Facebook app cache. This quick process can improve the Facebook app’s performance and correct any freezing or crashing errors.
- Use Facebook in a web browser. If the Facebook app continues to give you headaches, you can always access Facebook via its official website in an internet browser on your device. The Facebook website is designed to function on multiple screen sizes and is a solid alternative on both mobile, tablet, and PC.
- Source: LifeWire