The Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) has finally gone digitalized whereby all ECG prepaid subscribers can easily buy prepaid credit from the ECG App without going through any stress.
The prepaid meter was developed to supply electricity to all electrical gadget that has been connected and for you to have power, you need to load or buy credit onto the meter.
Some people who were been interviewed by TheGhanaTech.com and had some chance of sharing a few problems they have encountered when they want to buy prepaid credit onto the card. After listening to their thought, the TheGhanaTech.com team saw that the development of the ECG app will be very helpful for most of the ECG prepaid subscribers.
Some comments and posts which was sighted by TheGhanaTech.com, subscribers were complaining the fact that they form a long queue when the network is slow and bad at the ECG vendor post. And with this, they have to wait and wait until the network is good for them to buy the credit onto their card.
In the comments, we also realised that using the card most often sometimes gives errors after inserting it into the prepaid meter. And for the errors to be cleared from the card, you need to go to the district branch for them to clear the errors before you can load the card with credit. The development of the mobile app is now going to reduce these kinds of stress.
How to buy ECG Prepaid Credit with ECG App using Mobile Money
- Kindly download the ECG Power app from Google Play Store or App Store
- Now register the account by entering the necessary required details and accept the terms and conditions (Email, Phone Number, Password, Confirmed Password)
- Now click on the Register button to proceed
- You can now create a profile for your meter by clicking on the “plus” icon in the bottom right corner of the app
- Select wherether your meter is Post-paid or Pre-paid (Note: You can only top up smart prepaid meters and pay post-paid bills for now)
- Enter your meter number and optionally, your account number and press OK
- If your meter is not a smart prepaid meter, you will be notified by message saying your meter is not supported but if your meter is smart prepaid meter, your information will be presented to you
- Please double check if the information is accurate and then confirm
- Now click on your meter and select “top up” from the menu
- Select your payment method (MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash, AirtelTigo)
- Enter your mobile numebr and the amount you want to recharge and press “submit“
- You will receive an alert on your mobile money to authorize payment
- After the payment is made, the ECG Power app will notify you the transaction is “successful“