Meta-owned microblogging platform, Threads has finally started rolling out a much-requested feature from users — the ability to delete a Threads account without having to delete an Instagram account.
If you are unaware, Threads until now only allowed users to delete their profile when they choose to delete their Instagram account as well. This was due to tight Instagram integration with Threads that go beyond the profiles, profile icon, and followers.
The feature is now rolling out and if you want to delete your account without deleting the Instagram account, here are the steps you need to follow:
How to deactivate or delete your Threads account
- Open the Threads app and click on the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Then tap the two stacked lines at the top right corner of the page and this will take you to Settings.
- Tap Account from the list and then tap Deactivate profile.
- This will give you the option to either deactivate your profile or delete your profile.
- You can tap Delete profile at the bottom. This will permanently delete your profile, content, followers, and likes 30 days after your request has been submitted, according to Instagram’s Help Centre. You can cancel your deletion request before 30 days.