Are you worried about your calls being diverted to another number? Don’t worry, TheGhanaTech.com is here to help you deactivate any call forwarding from your MTN number.
Call forwarding is sometimes important and useful. An example is, “When you are in a meeting and you don’t want any interruptions, you can activate call forwarding on your MTN line to avoid any distractions”. Another example is, let’s say you are traveling outside the country and you want someone to assist you since you won’t be around, call forwarding can help.
Someone may ask, “What is Call forwarding”? Call forwarding is a feature on most phones that allows you to redirect incoming calls from your phone to another phone or device. This feature can be used for security purposes.
Now, let’s go through the step-by-step guide below to activate and deactivate any call forwarding from your MTN number to another line.
How to check if you have active call forwarding on your MTN number
1. On your phone, dial *#62#
2. If you see “Not forwarded” in the list, then it means your calls and other features are safe and cannot be forwarded to another number.
How to deactivate call forwarding on MTN using shortcode
1. On your phone, dial ##002#
2. After dialing this code, you will see that a message will pop up on your phone screen saying “Your MTN call forwarding has been deactivated or erased”.
How to deactivate call forwarding on phone settings
Kindly follow the steps below to deactivate this feature on your phone settings.
1. Open your phone dialer
2. Click on the 3-dot at the top-right
3. Scroll down and look for call forwarding or supplementary service and click on it.
4. Click on call forwarding.
5. Click on Voice calls. If the call forwarding is activated, you will see “active” or “enabled”. But if you see “No number set” it means that the forwarded feature is not activated or enabled.
6. Now, click on Cancel to deactivate