This tutorial will teach you how you can easily create a group chat on Snapchat without going through stress.
Snapchat is well-known for its cool features like AR selfie filters, stories, and geo-filters, making it a leader in interactive content. One of the features it provides is the Group Chat option, enabling you to stay connected with friends, share experiences, and remain informed.
Whether you have the latest Android or iPhone, Snapchat’s Group Chat brings people together, no matter the device.
Snapchat Group Chats offer a fun and convenient way to stay connected with up to 200 of your friends. Whether you want to plan an event, share exciting moments, or just chat with a bunch of pals, creating a Group Chat is simple and user-friendly.
Starting and handling group chats is straightforward when you know where to begin. Just remember, snaps in Group Chats won’t maintain Snap Streaks with individual friends. If you want to keep a streak alive with a specific friend, stick to sending them individual snaps.
How to create a Group Chat on Snapchat
Creating and managing group chats on Snapchat is simple if you know where to start. However, Snaps you send to a Group don’t count for Snapstreaks with individual Snapchatters. When you want to maintain your Snapstreak with someone, you still have to send individual snaps to them.
With that disclaimer out of the way, let’s see how you can make a group chat on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat application on your phone and choose the Chat icon.
- Tap the New Group button and tap the contacts you want to add to the group. You can also use the search field to find and add contacts to the group.
- Tap the New Group Name area to set a group name.
- Tap the Chat with Group button to start your group chat.
How to add members to a group chat on Snapchat using Android
- Open the group chat and tap the group name or icon at the top.
- Tap the Add Members button.
- Choose the contacts you want to add to the group.
- Tap the Done button to add them.
How to add members to a group chat on Snapchat using iPhone
- Open the group chat in which you want to add more members.
- You’ll see the Add Members button if you have not initiated a chat conversation in the group. Tap Add Members to add more members.
- If a conversation has started in the group chat, tap the group icon in the upper-left corner.
- Tap the Add button next to Group Members.
- Select the friends you want to add to the group chat and tap the Done button to save changes.