Clearing the cache can optimize your iPhone and iPad. Older temporary files take up space and potentially affect the speed and efficiency of your browser and other apps. In this tutorial, TheGhanaTech.com will show how you can clear the cache on your iPhone and iPad.
The iPhone stores the cache for websites your visit to load them quickly whenever you open them again. A similar thing applies to apps that fetch fresh updates. But if the cache becomes too old, it stops matching the new website data, and the load times for web pages and apps slow. So clearing that cache frees up storage and delivers a smoother overall performance.
How to clear browser cache on your iPhone
Removing old temporary files from your browser is good for resetting the page load speeds back to normal and making room for newer cache files. We’ll cover how to do this in Safari, Chrome, and Edge.
Clear Cache in Safari
- Open the “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select “Safari.”
- Scroll down and select “Clear History and Website Data.” Note that this will also delete all browsing history and cookies.
- Click on the pop-up to confirm.
Clear Cache in Google Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome browser and click on the three horizontal dots in the bottom-right corner.
- Select “settings”
- Click on the privacy section
- Select “clear browsing data”
- Select the “Time Range” and choose “All Time.” Then, select the items you want to erase. Keep in mind that removing passwords, browsing data, and autofill will also wipe it from Chrome on a PC or Mac if you have enabled the Chrome sync.
- Click on the red “Clear Browsing Data” at the bottom and confirm the pop-up.
Clear Cache in Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your iPhone.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the centre of the bottom bar.
- Select “Settings” from the menu that pops up.
- Click on “Privacy and Security.”
- Select “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Click on “Time Range” and choose “All Time.” Select the items you want to remove from Microsoft Edge.
- Click on “Clear Now” at the bottom to remove those unwanted data.