The National Communications Authority (NCA) has launched a shortcode allowing Ghanaians to check the number of SIM cards linked to their Ghana card. In this post, TheGhanaTech.com will guide you to check the number of SIMs linked to your ID card.
With the help of this shortcode, you will be able to know whether your Ghana card has been used by an unknown person without your notice. The shortcode works on all mobile networks (MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo, Glo).
According to NCA, you will be required to provide your Ghana Card number and Date of Birth for verification. If you haven’t linked your Ghana card to your SIM, kindly do so by visiting your network provider’s office or following this link to complete your SIM card registration.
To know the number of people using your Ghana Card for SIM registrations, use this shortcode *402*1# and follow the steps below.
How to check the number of SIM Cards linked to your Ghana Card
1. Dial *402*1# on your smartphone.
2. Enter option “1” to check SIMs.
3. Enter your Ghana Card number (GHA-XXXXXXXX-X).
4. Enter your Date of Birth in this format (DDMMYYYY). The Date of Birth should be the same DoB on your ID card.
5. You will receive a successful message saying “Your registered phone number(s) will be shared via SMS”.
If you receive the SMS, you will see the number of SIMs linked to your Ghana card. If you see any suspicious number, you can report it to your network provider for delinking.